Though there are new ways of marketing such as social media, in-person networking is still a vital part of expanding your brand, especially as a small business. According to HubSpot, 85% of business owners say that they build stronger and more meaningful business relationships when meetings are face-to-face.
This Thursday, June 22nd, you will have an opportunity to do just that: the Small Business Expo is coming to Denver at the Colorado Convention Center from 9:00am to 5:00pm.
During this amazing opportunity, you can network with people who work across a multitude of industries and learn from speakers whose goal is to enable you and your business with the right tools and advice to help you grow.
Enticed? So are we! Keep reading to see some of the incredible reasons and opportunities that will be available to you at the Small Business Expo:
- Efficiently Connect with Other Businesses!
Don’t you find it hard at these networking events to find people in your industry? GetDotted eliminates that issue: once you arrive, you get a colored dot to indicate what your industry affiliation is such as consultants, tech, start-ups, marketing, retail/e-commerce, entrepreneur, and many more.
Getting to talk to all the people you want to meet in your industry or target industries can be hard to simply fit in one day. In Speed Networking, you meet other people in 3-minute intervals for 45 minutes — so remember to bring plenty of business cards and be prepared with your pitch!
Additionally, the Small Business Expo draws in large companies and exhibitors such as Xcel, StateFarm, Wells Fargo, BizTalk, and CenturyLink. Xero, who is one of our affiliates on our CUE marketplace, will be there too — so you should take this chance to check them out!
Networking does not have to be all business and no fun with the Networking After Party at the Epernay Lounge.
Hosted by Network After Work, this event runs from 6:00pm-9:00pm after the Expo. Network After Work was a program launched in 2009 that sought to intermix making business connections with a relaxed atmosphere; currently, it is the largest organization of its kind to bring together and mingle people of all industries.
This is also a perfect choice if you cannot make it to the Expo during the day, plus you get a ticket for one free drink!
2. Exciting Opportunities to Learn and Engage!
There are many chances and choices for you to learn from accoladed speakers and participate in beneficial workshops that will help you to increase your business growth. Here are some workshops we here at CUE thought were great to highlight:
- Creating an effective email marketing campaign can be daunting: how do you get people to be engaged with your content? Even more so, how do you get people to open your emails in the first place? In the Power of Email Marketing, hosted by Constant Contact, you will learn tips and techniques from business insiders on what does and does not work for email design and wording in five easy steps.
- How do you engage with your audience online? It is an important aspect to consider in your strategy, but finding new content can be time-consuming and monotonous; however, in Social Marketing with a TWIST, hosted by Brand New World Marketing, you will learn how to make your business come alive online. Lead by a small group of former advertising executives and creative workers from large companies, Brand New World Marketing’s workshop will gain you the confidence to toss aside your inhibitions, in order to create genuine content to draw in new clients and keep your current customers interested!
- Constructing relationships can help make or break your business, so having the right tools to know how to make those connections is so important. For this reason, Patrick Galvin will be giving you seven simple, yet influential, rules about how to build relationships in Building Your Business One Relationship at a Time. Patrick is an accomplished professional speaker, whose experience includes past president of the Oregon Chapter of the National Speakers Association along with writing Connector’s Way. He is also Chief Galvanizer at The Galvanize Group, whose passion is to empower businesses on how to get loyalty, referrals, and sales.
These are simply a few of the many options you can choose from if you attend — there will also be fantastic speakers and presentations such as Success by Design by Bill Walsh, and a panel of VIP icons from industries to give you tips so your business can flourish!
If you’re interested in seeing what’s on the agenda, you can find out more here!
The best part about all of this? Registration is free for an initial Bronze badge, which gets you into the Expo along with access to these workshops and seminars and so much more.